CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

OLYMPICS AND OTHER FUN STUFF!

SO, MY TAKE ON THE OLYMPICS HAS BEEN EXTREMELY DIFFERENT THIS TIME AROUND AND THAT IS DUE TO MICHAEL PHELPS. HE IS SO ATTRACTIVE IN A WEIRD WAY AND I BELIEVE HE HAS REPRESENTED THE USA IN A REMARKABLE WAY. HE DID SO UNBELIEVABLY WELL AND THE BEST PART, HE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE COCKY ABOUT IT. THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD THING. I THINK HE HAS SHOWN EXTREME SPORTSMANSHIP WHEN I PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE LIKED TO. SO FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO DIDN'T BELIEVE IN MIKE (IAN THORPE AND ALAIN BERNARD, JUST TO NAME A FEW) EAT THE GOLD, BABY! WAY TO MAKE US PROUD MICHAEL. YOU ARE AMAZING AND HAVE DEFINANTLY CHANGED THE SPORT OF SWIMMING.
MOVING ON, HALLE AND I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY DURING THE DAY SPRING CLEANING, SHOPPING, YOU NAME IT-WE HAVE MOST LIKELY BEEN DOING IT. THIS PAST WEEKEND WE TOOK HALLE SCHOOL CLOTHES SHOPPING. I KNOW FUNNY HUH? ACTUALLY WE WENT UP TO IDAHO FALLS AND BOUGHT HE SOME FALL OUTFITS AND THEN JARED TOOK US OUT TO JOHNNY CARINO'S TO DINNER. WE HAD A GREAT TIME BEING WITH OUR LITTLE FAMILY AND JUST HANGING OUT. ON SATURDAY, I HAD TO PREPARE MY YOUNG WOMEN'S LESSON SO JARED TOOK HALLE FOR A COUPLE HOURS TO THE ARCHERY STORE, AND TO WINGER'S FOR LUNCH AND THEN WATCHED HER WHILE I WENT GROCERY SHOPPING. I FORGOT HOW FAST IT IS TO GO SHOPPING WITHOUT A BABY BUT IT ISN'T NEARLY AS ENTERTAINING. WE LOVE YOU JARED! YOU ARE THE BEST PAPA EVER! AND HALLE, ENJOYED HER TIME WITH YOU SO MUCH! MAMA ALSO ENJOYED A LITTLE BREAK-I EVEN GOT TO PAINT MY NAILS IN PEACE AND QUIET. THEN ON MONDAY MORNING THEY HAD A WORK MEETING AT BERNT'S ,HALLE SLEPT ALL NIGHT, SO SHE WOKE UP AT 7, WHICH IS EARLY FOR HER. WE GOT HER ALL READY FOR THE DAY AND THEN JARED TOOK HER TO THE MEETING TO PLAY WITH GRAMMY AND GRUMPY WHILE I TOOK A LONG MORNING SHOWER AND ENJOYED MYSELF AND THE LITTLE THINGS I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR ANYMORE. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INCREDIBLE WEEKEND JARED! WE LOVE YOU! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
LASTLY, I HAD TO ADD A PICTURE OF HALLE NAPPING TODAY. SHE FINALLY GOT HER 3RD TOOTH IN. ONE OF THE TOP ONES AND THE OTHER ONE IS WELL ON IT'S WAY. WHEN SHE IS TEETHING SHE NAPS SO HARD. I COULDN'T RESIST TAKING THIS PICTURE WITH HER CROSSING THOSE LITTLE LEGS, EVEN WHILE SLEEPING. WHAT A BUG!

5 comments:

Erica Bazil said...

Wow - you've been spoiled! Jared needs to come teach Ty some pointers so he can give me some more "me" time. No really does do his share I just like to give him a hard time. So glad you enjoyed yourself!

Megan said...

Ditto..about Michael Phelps. He is amazing, and attractive in a weird way. And seriously, the best part is that he's humble.

You have been spoiled! Way to go Jared! Isn't it nice to have time to yourself? I don't think I've painted my toe nails in over a year. Also, the picture is super cute!

Krystal said...

What a sweet little babe! She is so cute! Boy have you been pampered! We need Jared to teach Adam a few things! It's funny you mention the Olympics because while watching them, I have thought a lot about our childhood and how we use to perform out in my yard! The tramp being the floor exercise, the monkey(uneven) bars, the ring around the tramp for a beam! Awe - we sure had imagination.

The Mothership said...

Tonya,
I'm glad you found our blog, it will be fun to keep in touch. I'm not the only dad that takes his kids to the archery store. Kaden has his little bow & goes to the range with me.
Keep in touch.

3 little haglers said...

You lucky girl...a quite long shower, and painting your toes...I don't even remember what thats like! haha. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love that you went school clothes shopping! Matt and I are always finding excuses to buy things for our kids, no wonder were always broke! Anyway, yes were are so enjoying Cheyenne and our wonderful lives together. It looks like you are doing the same! We miss you too and are excited to see Jared is trying to put together a sled team trip! You guys are awesome!